Thursday, June 9, 2011

Another crash

I blame it on Allen. I, obviously, am way too computer savvy to crash our desktop... again. The first time, we were not being good computer-parents and left our CPU undefended (aka - we did not have any virus protection). So, last spring a new hard drive went in and new anti-virus software went one. Fast forward to this week. Allen was browsing the web (what else is a farmer to do in the oh-so-hot afternoons while stuck home with three little girls?!) when.... (is the anticipation building?) it died. Just black. No warning, no nothing. And when turned back on, it will not reboot. We are sure. We both tried turning it off and on approximately 12 times. Same result each time. I guess it's the denial stage of the grieving process that made us think if we just try it one more time, maybe it will load and show us our happy little desktop. Nope.

Allen unplugged and unhooked the CPU and sent it off to a man who can hopefully make it all better. Or at least (please) save my pictures. Yes, we computer-crashing people (2 laptops, and now second time on this desktop) still haven't learned to properly back up our computer. I did get an external hard drive (read: on top of things) and then used it once (read: not so on top of things) approximately 4 months ago. That would be directly prior to months 6 - 10 of my baby's life. My oldest's 4th birthday. Little things like that.

So, is there a point to this story? Yes. No pictures. We are surviving on the Netbook (as close as I ever want to get to "roughing it"). And now, we wait.

No comments: