Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Impatient

Yesterday I picked some peas and small carrots and considered picking some lettuce. I do enjoy the produce we are currently getting from our garden. There is normally something fresh at every meal (can you feel the BUT coming on), but I must admit, I am becoming impatient. I am really, really ready to eat cucumbers with every meal. I want a sweet, juicy tomato sandwich for lunch, grilled squash and zucchini for dinner. And I want all those summer flavors right now. I guess I will blame it on this hot weather that makes the farm feel like the center of summer and makes me crave all the sweet veg that just isn't here yet. So.... I guess I will have to continue to make due with the occasional store-bought cuke and with a lot of stir-fried carrots and snow peas instead. **sigh**

No comments: