Sunday, May 1, 2011

Earth Day Birthday

Yesterday the big girls and I attended the Museum of York County's Earth Day Birthday celebration while Allen was off helping out with Habitat for Humanity. I definitely remember Earth Day Birthdays growing up and enjoyed sharing this with the girls. I did chuckle a little as they had no real interest in the "petting zoo" including 3 chickens, a duck, and 2 sheep. I guess when you have 60 chickens, 10 cows, 3 dogs, and 2 cats at the house, along with wild ducks and geese, the few caged animals have minimal appeal! Regardless of a few exhibits that were slightly ruined on the "farm" children, the girls definitely had a blast. We came home with freshly tie dyed shirts, a few free books, pencils, cups... and a slight pinkish tint from the sun. I don't think anyone in the Lowrance household had trouble falling asleep last night. And to not leave Olivia out - here she is doing her most favorite thing: standing up. There is no doubt in my mind she will be walking before too long. Look out, Emma and Mary Claire!

No comments: