Sunday, February 20, 2011

My version of farm work

Although it hasn't much felt like it for the past week, it is still winter time. And what does one do to pass the time when the farm isn't really in full swing? Baking. Yes, lots and lots of carb-tastic goodness coming out of my kitchen. As we speak (read: type), there is a double batch of pizza dough rising on the table One for Farmer Big Al's pizza dinner. One for either mini-pizzas for lunch tomorrow, or, and this is where my vote lands, cinnamon fry bread. What's that, you may ask. Well, pizza dough cut into thin strips, deep fried, then topped with cinnamon and sugar. Heavenly.

Also freshly made on my kitchen counter are Cheerio treats with peanut butter and M&M's. Not technically baking, but still oh-so-good.

Finally, and the reason I will have to cut this post short, are the sour cream blueberry scones I am making next. Thanks to the Original Farmer (my mom) we have bunches of lovely, home-grown blueberries in my freezer calling for me to make them into crumbly, baked goodness to go with my breakfast coffee.

So what's missing from this post? Pictures. And why? Because I let my camera battery completely die (luckily not until after snapping a few Build-A-Bear shots of Emma and Mary Claire on their Valentines excursion thanks to Aunt Ashley). Anyhow, the battery is charging. Chances are, the baked goods will not last long enough to be photographed once the battery is ready. So then I will have to bake some more.

No comments: