Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day from the Gryder Farm!!

Last night we prepped homemade cinnamon rolls to give our V-day a sweet start. Of course, I will have to learn to pay closer attention to my recipes since I made enough to feed a small army. But, how could eating fresh, yeasty cinnamon rolls all week long be a bad thing?


Emma headed off to school with her homemade Valentines for her classmates - salt clay hearts, painted and glittered, hung from a ribbon. She is very proud of her presents for her friends. And I must say, I do feel slightly Martha-Stewart-y representing the working moms! Emma and Mary Claire both loved playing with the salt clay for quite a while before we actually turned it into the hearts. Then, when that fun is done and the clay has cooked/hardened, it provided the second art project for the girls - painting and glittering! I am a big fan of this homemade dough and it's many possibilities. Yes, you will be receiving ornaments for Christmas made from the same concept! And I should probably start working on them now since production of everything else in our lives comes to a hault for the summer garden months.

No comments: