Thursday, February 3, 2011

Just an update.

This Saturday Farmer Allen will attend a class taught by the Clemson Extension Agent, our informal kick off to a summer market garden. After his class, we (Farmer and family) will immediately head out of town for a little extended-relative time in Lake City. I imagine this will mark the last trip for us for awhile. Allen has started prepping the soil. He has set up a special table in front of the large window in the "play room." He has pulled egg cartons to double as seed trays. All that is left is to start planting. And so it beings!

This summer we hope to start everything from seed (and by "we" I primarily mean Allen)... and given the size of the orders arriving daily in my mailbox, Farmer Allen seems to have made darn sure we will have ample seed for every kind of produce our hearts may desire. There are seeds for things I've never heard of, much less tasted. I guess as long as he's willing to cook it, I'm willing to eat it. Don't know if the same will be true of our blond-headed hellions though...

No comments: