Saturday, July 9, 2011

Food

Thanks to an entry on someone else's blog, I now know why the pictures I take when I'm cooking always look sickly. It's my timing. I work during the day and have kid-time in the evening, which leaves night time for any cooking-binge I get on. Unfortunately my kitchen lightening = poor quality photos of yellow-tinted food. So, I guess you will just have to take my word for how mouth-watering some of our new farm-fresh faves are:


Pepper Jelly - I've eaten it before but never made it myself. Even Allen is singing its praises. Definitely a 10.

Babbaganush - Not only is it a ridiculously fun word to say, but it's another use for eggplants, a vegetable we are always trying to find new ways to eat. Slathered on a fresh slice of bread... delish.

Cucumber Salsa - this one isn't new around here; we've been making it for years. But it's as if during those long winter months I forget just how marvelous and refreshing it is.

Side note: Allen has been cooking some stellar meals straight from the garden. These are just some of the stuff I've been piddling with. His main dishes and sides are another post for another day!

No comments: