Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The TV's officially left our house on Saturday. I think my favorite part is the quiet in the evenings after the kids have gone to bed. Who knew our house could be that quiet? We aren't even a week in yet, so I know better than to be too bold in assuming what a great job we are doing, but so far, things are going smoothly. Our bank account is seeing noticably less transactions, the kids aren't begging for TV, and some organization is starting to get accomplished. Oh, and our trips to the library have already increased exponentially. We have also upped the amount of cooking, baking, and eating. Sadly, while I have been without my soft drinks for days now.... I miss them. A lot.

I am daydreaming about fresh summer produce on a regular basis now. Sauteed squash, tomato sandwiches, cucumbers with Ranch dressing... be still my stomach. Heart. Whatever. We are also counting down the day until the Old Town Farmers Market opens back up (and crossing our fingers that our garden doesn't decide to make a laughing stock out of us our first year in!!).

I took pictures of the house. I planned to post them. They are a little insight into why I am so dead-set on de-cluttering. They are slightly (more than slightly) embarassing. That's why I don't feel too bad not to be uploading them with this post. Maybe later! Or maybe I'll just declutter and invite you all to come over for dinner.... Thanksgiving dinner.... might be decluttered by then.....

No comments: