Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project Simplification Update

Three and a half weeks TV-free. Who knew it was possible? Don't get me wrong, there are definitely pangs here and there wishing I could pop on a show when it's rainy outside and naptime, and Allen keeps up with his Top Chef via the internet, but overall, we are surviving! We definitely have no intentions of being a TVless family for ever, but for now, it works. With the girls finally all in bed (hopefully for good this time), I wonder how we found time for all the shows they got to watch. Many post-work nights movie nights because my energy level was in the negatives and parenting seemed too difficult. Now it seems as though it's bedtime before we realize it. The girls don't even mention the TV anymore.

Our move from processed foods is also going well. We aren't a die-hard, throw-everything-in-the-pantry-away family (who really trashes a couple hundre dollars worth of groceries?!), so we are still eating the occasional processed item as we are working our way through what we have left. We have not, however, brought any new processed items into the house. I actually felt guilty drinking a Pepsi yesterday! I'm suprised at how quickly I am noticing some changes - fast food no longer seems all that appealing, even on the crappy days; my Pepsi-cravings are in check; slight weight loss. Spending less money and losing weight? What took me so long to jump on this?!


What could be next in Project Simplify? Can you even find the baby in this picture?!

No comments: