Saturday, February 13, 2010

Who would have thought it... more snow! If I was back in business with a full computer and not just my trusty Netbook, you would be looking at gorgeous pictures of Gryder Farm coated in white. Or maybe crappy pictures of the farm coated in white... I don't know since I haven't been able to upload pictures in two weeks!

Given two mini-Lowrances with runny noses, we did not try our luck in the snow today. Instead, we've done art projects, play dough, read books, and now a movie. Meanwhile, I am beginning our "spring clean" since come spring my husband will disappear onto the 28 acres surrounding us, planting, watering, tending... and bringing in the dirt! Speaking of my husband, he is currently on his back (on a tarp) under the old farm truck, I imagine cussing not-so-under his breath. Nothing like a snow day of trying to fix an old truck instead of fetching hay, working on a shoot for the cows, and the other 10 projects he'd listed off to me this morning. Needless to say, I have a hearty, warm stew on the oven to warm my man up when he comes in because he is bound to be in a less-than-great mood! Crossing my fingers the truck starts running soon and heading to the kitchen to shell my hard-boiled eggs!

Oh, and did I mention - Gryder farm has hatched their first eggs!!! Yes, our two female silkies (pretty covered in feathers black chickens) have successfully sat and hatched their eggs! Yay!!

No comments: