Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Just a quickie

The warm weather was a welcome change this past weekend. Lots of time outside. Running, sliding, "mowing", and, of course, picnicking (you've seen my kids and will have to supply your own mental pictures for the time being). Then, dragging dirty kids inside, kicking and screaming because they want to permanently live outside.

Just got my phone call update from Farmer Dad. Emma is gardening. And throwing the dirt she shovels to the chickens, who gladly search it in case there is anything edible there. Emma is wearing traditional farming attire -- nightgown, sweatshirt, pajama pants. Mary Claire is bouncing. And playing kitchen. At the same time. (in a bounce house - not just jumping up and down - yet another time a picture would probably help with the clarification).

Sunshine somehow makes everything good on the farm! In planting news, small greenhouse has been assembled and seed trays are being prepared. Peas are in the ground (my Papa would be so proud!), and as of today, so are sunflower seeds.

And my bulbs are coming up everywhere. I call them mine although I planted none of them. Most of them are thanks to the Gryders, and a few are thanks to Allen. I love them all equally. Except I really love the daffodils best.

No comments: