Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas break


I do love Christmas, but am very ready to take down the decorations and return my house to slightly less chaos. Hopefully that will happen this weekend before my return to work after a lovely week off. My list of things to accomplish this week (i.e. clean/organize house, complete projects, catch up on "me time"...), well, those didn't really happen. BUT, I did get lots and lots of quality time with my sweet (and sometimes not-so-sweet) girls. And I guess that was the most important thing to accomplish. As an added bonus, my time with the girls has allowed Farmer Allen to make lots of progress on the playhouse. Pretty soon Emma will be asking to move in out there! I am looking forward to moving quite a few toys from my house to the play house, so I'm not complaining!

We have had an eventful Christmas with 11 new baby chicks and the first calf arriving. Hopefully Farmer Allen will report back two new calf births soon.

Oh, and for the picture - girls' new matching pj's thanks to Granny and girls' new bunk beds thanks to Santa.

2 comments:

Regina said...

I am so excited for you! I know the bunk beds make for some much needed space in the girls' room. I'm glad you all are having a great Christmas break!

Mom to Eleanor and Emerson said...

LOVE the new bunkbeds! And the wall color- must get together soon to see all the changes you have made :)