Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Us!

In less than 2 weeks Allen and I will celebrate our 7th anniversary. And, seriously, what I busy seven years we've had. Quick recap.... we bought a house that needed MAJOR repairs and required we live in the driveway in an RV from months. Literally. While Allen worked on renovating the house, I graduated from Francis Marion University and became a short term (gag) substitute teacher. Fast forward two years and a much better job and, of course, pregnant with Emma, we bought the farm situated literally a couple miles from our house. In an area called Friendship. That was a big seller for Allen. One baby led to two more. Allen became a stay at home dad/farmer about 2 years ago. And here we are. I'm blessed to have been through all this with Allen. Of course without him, I cannot say there was a high probability of me ending up a farmer's wife. I think my parents are only now, five years post-farm-purchase, getting over the shock of me as farmer. So here's to my husband, the Man with the Homesteading Plan. I love you.

No comments: