Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Can it be?

Christmas already? But it was just summertime! I guess while I have been hidden away in the bank the last few months, time really has marched on. If nothing else, it definitely feels like Christmas time outside - brrrr!

Gryder farm has received it's Christmas present slightly early. Four healthy bull calves. Two brown; two black. Some belted. All cute. The girls love them. They enjoy helping Farmer Dad pull dying remains from our fall garden to feed them. The cows all love the attention. Allen has become proficient in night-time farming. It requires a good flashlight and a tractor with headlights. With daylight ending early and my job keeping me late, poor Allen has been stuck moving hay, feeding animals, and handling all farm duties in the pitch black cold outside. Well, except last night when he got a little lighting help from a gorgeous full moon.

I am looking forward to getting a little time at home post-Christmas to enjoy the new baby animals, sweet baby Olivia, ridiculous amounts of new toys, fashion shows from Emma, hot chocolate and hot coffee, and hopefully a few cozy husband-built fires. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas (since my slackerblogitis will probably prevent me from another entry pre-New Year).

Feliz Navidad!

No comments: