Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Slack blogger

Yes, I'm officially a slack blogger. My dream of the once a week entry has flown out the window, while I struggle to try and maintain more than one entry a month! So much has been going on with my return to work and Allen's adjustment to watching a 3 month old, an almost 2 year old, and a 3 year old. Oh, and then there's the planning of Mary Claire's (small) 2nd birthday, our 6 year anniversary, and our annual bonfire coming up. I almost forgot Halloween.... guess we need to do something for that as well. And no, I do not know what my kids will be. I do, however, know that we have a ton of dress up clothes at the house, including some costumes, so whatever they will be, it is already in their bedroom!

In farm life, we have definitely began enjoying some young, tender greens and salads. The deer have also been enjoying some of what our fall garden has to offer which has made it a little more difficult to share than we had originally expected. The chickens have started molting and with the cold weather starting, egg production has also dropped off a bit. Looks like we are all on a slightly lower than usual production level these days!

Any other news? Well, I just forced myself to eat a cup of yogurt when I really, really, really wanted a McDonald's sausage buscuit. If that's not an accomplishment, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Jeana Marie said...

once a month or once a week, fortnight, whatever, it's always good to hear from you. Hope you are all staying healthy. One of these days I will get some photos of our visit up somewhere! Right now every time I go through our USA photos I have a little cry. But I must organise them before it never happens!
xo,
J