Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Farm Fresh Eggs

Gryder Farm is officially in the egg business! We are now selling free-range farm fresh eggs. They are medium, brown eggs with no antibiotics and no hormones. We are so excited to finally be able to provide something to our community that our family has been enjoying for the past few years. If anyone is interested, they are $3 a dozen. (feel free to look up advantages of farm fresh eggs... amazing how much better they are for you than what you get at the supermarket -- if I was less slack, I would have just posted a link here)

Homework: Food, Inc. Have you seen this documentary? If not, do!! I was amazed at how little thought I actually give what I am putting into my body - where it came from, how it was produced. This was definitely an eye opener that I won't soon be forgetting. While we are already making strides at providing a portion of our own food and working towards eating seasonally, this movie just raised the bar for us.

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Interesting, Will and I have been on that topic lately. We'll have to watch that for sure. And I'd like two dozen please. Can I get some from you Fri?

Sarah said...

2 doz Friday shouldn't be a problem :)

Jeana Marie said...

I f we were closer we would certainly get eggs from you :)